EMR8 is an online community for everyone living in or moving to the United Arab Emirates. It is a free, open platform for people to read, share and discuss.
Please follow the following community rules when sharing a link or starting a discussion on this website.
We will delete posts that are considered to be offensive, and will ban members who are abusive or who repeatedly post against of the rules of the community or go out of their way to be difficult.
We will not enter into debate about why posts or threads have been removed or why a user profile has been deactivated.
- Use the same courtesy when posting messages on the community as you would use when speaking to someone face-to-face. Personal attacks will not be tolerated
- This is an English language forum so please post in English.
- Political and religious discussions are not allowed. This community is primarily intended to provide useful information for residents and future residents living in the UAE.
- For safety reasons, please do not arrange meet ups through this community.
- Advertising of your company or services is not allowed. You should not post any messages promoting or advertising a particular website, product, service, business or venture. If you want to advertise with us please contact us.
- Asking for the donation of money is not allowed – for personal, individual cases or for registered charities.
- When making comments about companies or organisations, don’t make accusations that are personal, unsubstantiated, unfounded, inflammatory, or slanderous. They will be deleted.
- There are various incidents reported from time to time in the local press that are of a very sensitive or tragic nature to the families and friends of those involved; please refrain from posting your opinions, speculation, supposition and the like. If a topic is removed that concerns one of these issues, please do not start another one, as that will be deleted too.
- Attacks, criticism and the like on moderators or admins of this site will not be tolerated, and will result in post deletion and may result in a permanent ban. Do not post complaints, criticisms, or moderation questions on the forum. These posts will be deleted and no explanation will be given.
- Promotion of political groups or ideologies, political rants, inflammatory religious content, any form of spam, flooding, advertisements, petitions, chain letters, pyramid schemes or solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- You should not post any material which is false, defamatory, derogatory, inflammatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. This website is monitored by local Government, as are all website in the region, and you should be prepared to answer for any comments you may post, should you be called upon to do so.
- We will remove postings that are obscene, contain personal attacks or break the law of the UAE.
- The UAE and Middle East has its own traditions, culture, and laws, and if the moderators feel a topic or post is on the wrong side of the line, they will move, edit or delete as they see fit without entering into debate.
- If a thread is deleted, please resist the temptation to start a new one about the same subject or asking why the thread was deleted, as they will just be deleted too.
- We will generally delete links to foreign papers and websites which are not subject to the same censorship rules as those operating within the UAE, by which we must also abide.